Monday, December 22, 2014

Our New Family Christmas Tradition

I know this has nothing to do with photography but here is a little Christmas fun from today. As Christmas is coming near I wanted to do something that would commemorate my sweet baby Blakely's first Christmas as well as I wanted to create a tradition with her that we can do each and every year. I chose to do salt dough ornaments with Blakely's sweet little handprints and foot prints.

This was honestly the easiest recipe I could find... For the salt dough I used a 1+1+2=dough approach. Here are my step by step instructions.


1 part water. 1 part salt. 2 parts flour
For my self I used 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup flour



I used my Kitchenaide mixer to mix up the ingredients. I Mixed the flour and salt first and then added in the water. 






The dough will be a little sticky



I kneaded the dough for a minute


Be sure to use flour to control the stickiness



My lovely daughter thankfully was very cooperative. I put a small hole in the dough so that I will be able to thread a ribbon through so that I will be able to hang it on our tree for many many Christmas's to come. 


How sweet are her little foot prints?



After I was finished getting the hand and foot prints I needed. I placed the ornaments on to a pan and placed it into the oven to dry. I'm a little late in doing this so I need them to be dry faster than just air drying them. 200 degrees for about 4 or 5 hours should do the trick! 

I'm so excited to see how these turned out and to have a new tradition in my new little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment